Allied Healthcare has come up with an extremely unique vertical extrication device. With the LSP Half Back Backboard Extrication Rescue Vest, it combines the capabilities of a full body harness with the ability to immobilize.
Immobilization is key when/if the patient seems to have cervical/spinal trauma or it could be suspected, so doing it fast is key.
There are two important components to the LSP Half Back--a rugged, padded full body harness, and a removable aluminum back stay with head immobilizer. The point of this unique design is to allow for vertical extrication of a patient in a confined or elevated space, yet allows for rapid immobilization. It works well for patients in a confined or elevated space, including high-rise buildings, storage tanks, ships and automobiles.
Here are a few more of the features:
- Removable aluminum back stay allows the LSP Half Back to be used as an immobilization device or as a rescue harness
- Optional Vertical Lift Strap allows for quick vertical extrication of the patient
- Closed-cell foam interior molds to the shape of the body, providing comfort and more complete body immobilization
- Optional Helmet Immobilizer allows for treatment of helmeted victims
- Comes complete with a V-shaped padded head rest and a full standard head immobilizer
- Weight of Vest: 7.5 lbs. (3.4 kg)
- Weight of Back Stay & Head Harness: 3.5 lbs. (1.6 kg)
- Dimensions Open: 34" (86.4 cm) long x 36” (91.4 cm) wide
- Dimensions Closed: 34" (86.4 cm) long x 12" (30.5 cm) wide x 7" (17.8 cm) thick
- Jacket: 2-ply water-repellent 1,000 denier Cordura® nylon; minimum tensile strength of 557 lbs. (253.2 kg) for each ply
- Foam: 0.5"(12.7 mm) thick 2# non-absorbent closed-cell polyethylene
- Back Stay: 5" (12.7 cm) wide x 33.5" (85.1 cm) long x 3/16" (4.8 mm) thick; 5052-H32 anodized aluminum alloy
- Straps: 2" (5.1 cm) wide black nylon webbing with a minimum 6,000 lbs. (2,721.6 kg) tensile strength
- Hardware: Forged alloy steel with a proof load of 2,500 lbs. (1,134 kg); mil spec P5220441
- VELCRO® brand®: 0.75" (19 mm) and 2" (5.1 cm) black hook & loop